sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1998 Acura CL 3.0. I have had it 3 months. After

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Acura CL 3.0. I have had it for about 3 months. After two weeks it felt like the throttle would just shut off and then for no reason come back on. Took it to Firestone. of course they had over $2000 worth of repairs estimates. I started out my cleaning the EGR. I have re-position my O2 sensor, gutted my catalytic converter. I get lots of different code different times, this is my latest, P0013, P0108, P0122, P1519. Fuel pressure is 49PSI
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the codes were from unplugging a few sensors while it was running. Normally i dont get any codes whatsoever.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this was chat not email to email. I was expecting immediate response
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The lack of throttle response is related to the P0122. This code sets when the throttle positions sensor signal voltage goes low, a short to ground on the circuit. This could be the sensor itself or a short to ground on the signal wire from the sensor to ECM, the sensor would be the most likely cause.

P0013 doesn't show to be a valid code.

P0108 is for the MAP sensor and will also cause driveability issues. This sets when the MAP sensor signal goes high, usually an open circuit or internal sensor failure.

P1519 is for the idle air control motor circuit. The IAC is what controls airflow into the engine when the throttle is closed and maintains idle speed. This could be the IAC itself or an open or shorted control circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like i said i dont usually get codes. The codes only showed up because i unplugged the sensors while it was running. Cleared those codes. The problem im having doesnt throw any codes

Do you have a scan tool to monitor data?