Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Our battery drains everynight on our 2007 Acura MDX. I also

Customer Question

Our battery drains everynight on our 2007 Acura MDX. I also don't have radio and NAV system since my brother replaced the battery
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mistake, it is 2004 year MDX.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Drive the vehicle 10 miles.

At home disconnect the negative battery cable, connect a digital meter to the cable and post, set the meter to DC milliamps.

After 30 minutes what is the mA draw, under 80 is good.

If its high remove fuses one by one leaving them out till you find the circuit causing the high draw.

This needs to be done with all lights disabled and no doors open.

Let me know the results.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,Thank you for your response. I did some read up on it on so many forums. Some people were saying that it could be HFL or the rear A/C unit not turning off properly. But i am happy to start working on this with you. I have a few questions:1 - what type of cheap digital meter should i get?
2 - When you say post, do you mean try to turn on the car?
3 - What can i do to get my radio and NAV system back as I did replace the battery thinking the old battery was bad?

A Auto Zone INNOVA 29$ one will work.

You are not starting nor trying nor will it start during this test. Your trying to find out which circuit is staying live while the car is off.

The website only allows us to help diagnose one issue per question. The radio concern will need to go on a new post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We ended up changing the battery and it fixed the issue. We took the battery to Canadian Tire and they confirmed that it was the battery, since we had warranty on it. They gave us a brand new and bigger battery.Since we solved the issue on our own. Can you help us get the Nav and Radio fixed? Should be very simple for you.

All you can do for a non operational radio and navigation unit is check the powers and ground to them, if they are good then the radio navigation unit is faulty. Would you like a wire diagram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure give me the diagram, since we have replaced the battery. When we turn on the car, we do see the NAV system come on but most likely need the code. When we try to turn on the radio we can message error.Do you think we need the codes for them? and how can we install the codes?

I do not know about the codes, nor can I can I get them. I sent an offer allowing me to upload diagrams yesterday. For the code questions though i would need to opt out, is that what you would like me to do?