Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

1998 RL - stalled Monday and would not start ; thought maybe

Customer Question

1998 RL - stalled Monday and would not start ; thought maybe fuel issue since tank was very low. Added some fuel from garage. Car started fine and ran without issue this Pm. Stalled again and would not start but turned over fine. Waited 10 minutes and then started. Drove approx 3 miles stalled again, turns over fine but will not start. Sometime catches for a few seconds about but never reaches idle. Now no sign of starting, but continues to turn over fine.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had the car towed to a local garage; however, this is not a Honda dealer or service. Looking for advice on sequence of recommends checks so I can possibly guide shop. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the fuel pressure checked when the vehicle is stalling out to see if this is a lack of fuel due to a weak or defective fuel pump.This is usually most common for this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. I would have the crank sensor checked using a scan tool to monitor the engine RPM signal.If there is no RPM signal when the fault occurs this can indicate the crank sensor is at fault needing replaced and is also another common component to cause this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete the car will not start -so are tests recommended correct?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Yes,if it will not start now I would start with having the fuel pressure test done first and if this is found to be o.k. then an RPM signal checked to see if this is a faulty crank sensor needing replaced.