Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2008 Acura MDX Tech package 3.7L slowing down or turning

Customer Question

2008 Acura MDX Tech package 3.7L slowing down or turning sharp and slowing down sometimes the "Check Charging System" warning indicator chimes and flashes on the message center of the dash and the little Battery red light indicator comes on with it...stays on for a few seconds and goes back off. Not all of the time though. My mechanic has installed 2 new alternators, 2 different batteries, new belt twice, new belt tensioner, and checked everything over multiple times. I am running out of money and patience on my daughters vehicle. I want her to be safe and not worry about her breaking down somewhere. Any other help is great!!
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Do you know if the mechanic has checked the engine grounds and the wiring from the alternator to the ecm? If not, this needs to be done.
Also, if you can get me the 17 digit vin number I can check for any service bulletins for this type of issue