sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My power steering reservoir keeps overflowing after veh is

Customer Question

My power steering reservoir keeps overflowing after veh is stopped. Recently replaced steering rack, power steering pump, the reservoir and the pressure switch.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This could be a couple things.

I'm assuming you'd find the fluid is aerating while the engine is running if you were to remove the reservoir cap. If fluid is aerating then it can foam up and spit out when the engine is shut off.

If it's aerating it could be a line issue. A damaged line or O ring at a line fitting can allow air to be drawn into the system through venturi effect and it will cause what you're having.

You may also have a pump issue. Aftermarket pumps have shown horrible quality over the last 6-8 years and using one almost guarantees trouble. If you used an aftermarket pump then it's most likely the cause.