justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

I have a 2006 Acura RSX type S. The starter will not crank.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Acura RSX type S. The starter will not crank. Battery is charged. I replaced the starter, and still will not crank. Battery cables are clean and tight. negative cable is secure to the engine block.????
Any ideas.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
jumpered the clutch switch and still will not start.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Do you have a multimeter to do some electrical testing? Also, when you turn the key to start do you hear a buzzing type sound inside the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have multimeter
No buzzing sound in car
But clicking relay under passenger seat
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that information and sorry for the delayed response. Please remove the steering column covers. With the 7 pin ignition switch connector PLUGGED up, hook one meter lead into the BLACK wire with WHITE stripe (Black/White), and the other meter lead to a good body ground. Try to start the engine while watching the meter voltage reading. If there isn't at least 9 volts while trying to start the ignition switch is faulty and needs to be replaced. If there is at least 9 volts let me know and we can continue with diagnosis.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Here is a picture of the 7 pin ignition switch connector