Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Lifter noise in 97 acura 3.5rl

Customer Question

lifter noise in 97 acura 3.5rl
Category: Acura
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE...

If you have lifter noise, this can be down to sticking lifters - in which case - using a engine flush agent and then new oil of the correct spec will usually cure it.

If that doesn't cure it, then the noise is down to actual wear of the parts - be it the lifters or camshaft etc.. a visual inspection will be needed... and if so found replacement of worn parts / lifters is the only answer to quiet it Im afraid.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE