Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have random interior lights out in my 2004 tl. one on

Customer Question

I have random interior lights out in my 2004 tl. one on dash, console, steering wheel and driver side day running light all at same time
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not checked for any loose fuses in any fuse panels this needs done.If any fuses are found loose or damaged or any wiring found loose or damaged at any of the fuse panels this will cause this fault here and will need repaired.If these have already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all the fuses. They are fine. It's strange to me. The light in the console storage was working when I touched it, it went out. The lights out are the cruise lights on the steering wheel, left front park light, "zoom" button at navigation panel and mirror adjustment lights. Acura was going to charge a fortune to look at it. If it's a loose wire, I can fix it. I just have no idea where to look. These lights seem really random.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Did all of these start to fail at the same time or was this over a long time span that these started to fail like this here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I noticed the "zoom" button on the navigation screen went out. I tapped it a little and it came back on. Then within a day or two several of the other lights went out. Including the driver side daytime running light. I know that bulb is fine I had it checked. The small light inside the console, I pulled that out and the bulb is blown. I thought there would be a loose wire somewhere but I would have absolutely no idea where to look. All these little lights seem so random to me. I want to thank you for your assistance in this. I'm just a logical kind of guy and this has me stumped.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

These are all different circuits so this isn't a wiring issue causing this here.This sounds like the bulbs are failing randomly causing this here as I have seen before.With the cruise switch usually the switch needs replaced to correct this here as well as the navigation or in some cases the navigation system can be repaired to correct this fault.The other bulbs you should be able to access to replace them in most cases.

Thanks Pete