Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist
61695331

Prompted to pay before my issue is addressed. Can you

Customer Question

Prompted to pay before my issue is addressed. Can you guarantee me that the code issue is fixable without you physically there?
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know what happened, my original question was in regards ***** ***** 2008 Acura Tsx, had battery issues and was prompted to enter navigation and radio codes. I entered the navigation code and it went through, but the system would not accept the radio code. After 10 attempts, blocked me out with error e code. Help please, need my music. ......
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome!

After 10 attempts of entering the wrong code a unlock procedure must be performed. Hook up a battery charger or you can just let the car run for 1 hour with the key in the on position.

After leaving the key on for 1 hour you should be able to enter the code again.

You should have received a card when the vehicle was new. This card has a audio system code number and serial number. Do you have this card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the codes I entered are the car manufactures codes. They have always worked before. The battery was unhooked and still had error e on the display. I read online where a lot of people had issues with the theft system not accepting their official code.

Ok you have been entering the 5 digit code and the radio has not been replaced.

Try disconnecting the battery cables, touch them together for 2 minutes and reconnect to the battery.

Perform the unlock procedure and enter the code again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Man this sucks, navigation went through radio code is still acting up. On error 2nd try now...is it a glitch where my code changed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to find my serial code to see if the number changed...

It is a possible issue with the radio.

Here is the procedure to get the serial number from the radio.

1. For models without navigation turn the ignition switch ON, turn the radio OFF. Press and hold station presets 1 and 6, turn the radio ON. You will see the serial number come up on the display. Have a dealer use the serial number to find the code, or use https://radio-navicode.honda.com/. Use the preset stations to enter code, it will be a 5 digit code. If ERR comes up when trying to enter code disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to reset the system and try again.

2. For models with navigation instead of using preset stations 1 and 6 to retrieve code press and hold the top of SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC buttons, turn the audio unit on and the serial number will appear.

3. For models with navigation the navigation system needs to be unlocked as well. The serial number has to be taken from the navigation unit in the trunk. Give the serial number to a dealer or use the same website as with audio codes. You will get a 4 digit code instead of a 5 digit code, use the tune knob to enter digits.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah already Google those instructions, pressing the top half of seek and ch disk button is not doing anything. Not sure if I'm really getting a "top" because those buttons have an indentation, then I hit the power button on and it still has error 5. Of course the serial number are not in my glove compartment as stated online...smh

If you have a error code in the navigation module, fault codes will need to be retrieved to help diagnose the problem.

Did you have a chance to remove the battery cables for 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I removed the battery cables, tried to contact dealership where I have my car serviced to see if codes were accidentally reset but they're closed until after the holiday. Stuck at this point, I appreciate your assistance though....I'll follow up with them. Thanks again...

Thank you, ***** ***** opt out of this question. This will open this up to other experts that could have more information on this question.