Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Just replaced the ECM in my son's 04 TL, fried due to a/c

Customer Question

Just replaced the ECM in my son's 04 TL, fried due to a/c condensate leaking onto it, after replacing the ecm we are getting a PO962 error. I am not aware of any other symptoms from the tranny, was wondering if this could be due to defective reman ECM?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

• This code is caused by an electrical circuit problem and cannot be caused by a mechanical problem in the transmission. Possibly in the reman ECM.

….

I have the test instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s19qtilciw6pkms/DTC%20P0962.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks