Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech
7276279

My acura rl 2005 i started it leave it run min since then it

Customer Question

hi my acura rl 2005 i started it leave it run for 2 min since then it shut down and wont start
it turns over and keep turning over i have to turn the switch back for it to stop
notice that i only get welcom but no driver 1 indication
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you you need good spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each one of these things and see which one you are lacking and post back with the results we can wor from there to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all above are ok the car just shut down and wont start not works and dont recognize my fob key, will lock and unlock the car but give check keyless entry, changed battery.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the problem is with the FOB then in order to determine what is failing the system is going to need to be scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cannot even scan ones a put the key switch to II position it strats turning over without stopping

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

All you need to do to scan it is tun the key to the on position, are you able to do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no was not able

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well with out being able to scan its leaves us nothing to go on, why are you not able to scan the system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ones i turn the switch the motor turns

so you have the first position I and second position II when it reach II it starts turning the motor but wont star green key will be flashing

give me asw error and more

will try to make a video.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

So are you saying the starter is staying engaged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked to see if both the cable and the small start wire have battery voltage on them , if so the there is problem with the switch, if not try smacking the starter a few time with a small hammer and see if it unsticks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi did you get the video i send you.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I have not received any videos.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachment: 2015-08-31_190928_video0001.flv

test video send

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to open the file you sent me, if you can post it to You tube and send me a link that should work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I did get your link but you have it set up as private which does not allow me to view it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

https://youtu.be/S7GYagbXdnM changed to public

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
  • Im sorry but your link is still not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

https://youtu.be/RTV8gyr5LzA new

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Still not working. What are you trying to send me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTV8gyr5LzA ok i copy the link

just to show

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay I saw it, it looks like you have something feeding the starter circuit, does it stop cranking if you unplug the switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did not try to unplug the switch will try and get back to you.

or is there any starter relay that i can take out so i can get to scan.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Try pulling the #33 fuse in the interior fuse panel and see if that kills the switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dont have the #33 fuse.

but pulled out a wire from starter, so went and try diagnose but gave mi error cannot communicate, you will here a click sound by the dlc.

so refresh i started my car reversed it step out the car to come back it was shut off since then did not start again.

its starts cranking at position II and that's not normal.