FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

ABS light is on and brakes have no pressure pads on front

Customer Question

ABS light is on and brakes have no pressure pads on front where just replaced. 1998 TL 3.2
Category: Acura
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Most of the time this is caused by a failing master cylinder. The seals inside of the master will fail and cause this to occur. It can also be in the ABS module but that is not as common.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Bobby that's what I thought but its been a long while since I was a mechanic
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

No problem. If you need further help let me know. Please rate when you have time also. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the brake master cylinder today and still same problem no brakes at all pedal drops to the floor and abs light is still on.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If you installed a brand new master cylinder and bled it properly before installing it then it is more than likely in the ABS module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rebled the brakes and all is good abs light is still on so figure I will have to have it scanned
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

You must have had some air trapped in it. You could try disconnecting the battery to see if it clears. If it does not then it needs to be scanned.