justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

A couple of weeks ago my air and heat stopped blowing in my

Customer Question

Hi, a couple of weeks ago my air and heat stopped blowing in my 2008 Acura TSX, the control panel lights up. We read some forums, and replaced the blower motor resistor, but that did not fix the problem. Any ideas on what to try next? Thank you!
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. First try something. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, and the blower fan switch set to high. Smack the blower motor a few times and see if it starts working. Let me know what happens and we can continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that does not work. The blower motor/fan does work we connected it to power with a battery to ensure that the motor was good. It works but not hooked up obviously, something is wrong? Is there a fuse that specifically makes the air and heat blow?
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

When you replaced the transistor did you run the blower motor with the transistor outside of it's installation location?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by that question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We put the transistor where is was supposed to go. We took out the old one and put in a new one. Simple as that. Did not fix the problem. Do you have any ideas or I'm going to have to take my car in? I cannot go back and forth for days, I understand you are trying to help. But it's getting cold here, I need my heat to blow in my car. It's turning into fall, I have child. If you don't know what can be done please advise. Thank you.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Some people will hook up the transistor to see if the blower motor runs without installing it. It is very critical that the transistor is installed before turning the system on because the transistor will overheat. That's why I asked. I'm confident I can help you figure this out as long as you have a multimeter or test light. Let me know if you do and you're interested in testing.