Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I'm getting over heating in my Acura 1999 3.2 TL it seems

Customer Question

I'm getting over heating in my Acura 1999 3.2 TL it seems like the water is coming from the passenger side I can't see any wetness on the side or the front of the engine but I can see the coolant and water is leaking out from the bottom I'm curious if this is a water pump or something else that could be leaking currently as of today one of the two fans on my radiator went out and I'm wondering other than the fan being out what was causing heat fluctuation what's causing the water
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Ok, the only thing for the cooling system on the passenger side are the water pump and heater core hoses going to the firewall. Check the hoses at the firewall for drips and if leaking, replace.
If ok, then it is the water pump leaking
For the overheating, it may just be the fan being inoperative. You need to repair that first, then water pump, then test drive. If still wanting to overheat, replace the thermostat.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks