justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

Have a 2005 Acura TL. AC, heater and blower inop.

Customer Question

Have a 2005 Acura TL. AC, heater and blower inop. Replaced the power transistor with factory part. Still not working, No POwer to the harness with key on.

Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing with the blower motor can be caused by any of the following,
Air Conditioner (A/C) Control Head
Blower Motor
Blower Motor Power Transistor
Wiring
In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing.
See the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20motor%20Aug%2021.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have either of these test tools.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have them then you are going to need to seek out someone who dose and perhaps they can help you. In order to determine what has failed you really do need to do the testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I purchased the OEM service manual and it doesn't call for any of that. My suggestion is to quit on this post, so I don't rank you down.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Opening it back up now.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I'm assuming that you have either a multimeter or test light since you stated that "there isn't power to the harness". The first and easiest thing to do here is check the fuse for the blower. Check fuse 21 in the under hood fuse box. I will provide a picture of the fuse box to help you locate it. If the fuse is blown, replace it and recheck. If not, let me know and we can continue. You can go ahead and rate me positively if the fuse is blown.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Hello?