Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 2001 acura cl type s completely shut down mid drive 2

Customer Question

my 2001 acura cl type s completely shut down mid drive 2 times today shortly after exiting my parking garage. I exited the garage and each time made it only a 100 yards or so prior to it shutting down. I tried to crank the ignition immediately after reaching a full stop and it wouldn't turn over. After i waited a 30 seconds to a minute each time,the car started up normal. The car has almost 206K miles. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? Today is the first time this has happened and as i mentioned, it happened twice.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the engine isn't cranking over at all with the starter when this occurs but does crank over after waiting a minute or longer this may be an issue with a loose or corroded battery cable possibly at the battery or to where the cables lead to or a possible issue with the electronic ignition switch itself as I have seen fail several times before.
I would have these tested/checked to see if you can locate the fault.
Thanks Pete