Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I have an acura mdx 2007 and the disclaimer screen doesnt

Customer Question

Hey i have an acura mdx 2007 and the disclaimer screen doesnt show up the ok button, when did the diagnostic the gps ant. Comes out white and everything else is green! Help
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also i have tried reseting the navigation system by disconnecting the batery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The issue here may be due to an internal electrical fault with the GPS antennae itself.I have seen some of these fail before as well as the navigation unit itself which can cause a false report on the antennae.This will have to be checked/tested further to locate which is the cause here and then from there repaired to correct this issue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me where is the antenna located in the acura mdx 2007??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
In the link below (copy and paste it to a new web page) you will see it looks to be located under the dash in the center forward area of the dash itself.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpelhic62kzrlcf/gps-08-19.gif?dl=0
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it easy to be replaced? Can i do it myself??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u help me with the task??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately my info isn't showing me the replacement procedure or how to access it and I don't recall having to replace it myself on this model here to help with this.
My info does tell me it takes 1.5 hours labor to replace it so you may have to disassemble part of the dash to access and replace it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a video or something that you can provide me with??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I did a search on this here and unfortunately was unable to locate any replacement procedure.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
open the question please i will like to fix the problem! Thank you ill like to know how to fix this my self!!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the 15 dollars i paid?? I lose them or what?
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Just to me time and try to type it with my fat fingers let me show you a video...lol

Its actually a funny BUT good video,,,Like a ROBOT.

Gotta love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3I73MD5ZdM

LJ

Any questions hit me up bud

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its an acura mdx 2007
Oops, sorry i was posting to another customer.
I apologize...lol
Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help on how to get to the gps ant. Asap please