thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Keys are locked in the trunk. I'm going to do my

Customer Question

Keys are locked in the trunk. I'm going to do my locksmith magic and open the passenger compartment. I expect the opening will disable the anti-theft system and shut down the passenger compartment truck release button. Can I remove the driver's side door lock by loosening the torx screw at the back edge of the driver's door, use a slotted screwdriver and lock/unlock the driver's door thus resetting the car's functions to normal and then open the trunk with the button release. It is a 2007 or above Accura. I'm not sure of the model

CANCEL: Couldn't wait on you. This Accura did NOT have the lock removal device at the rear edge of the door. HOWEVER, we did find the on/off switch for the trunk release button in the glove compartment, turned it on, pushed the button and retrieved the keys.

Thanks.

Category: Acura