MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
Experience:  27 years of Honda training and a master Acura tech
10834442

I have an 02 mdx. i have a vibration when braking at gher

Customer Question

hello. i have an 02 mdx. i have a vibration when braking at higher speeds. i know this is a common problem in these vehicles. ive changed rotors(cut them right out of the box), pads, calipers and lower control arms. also completely flushed the fluid. still feel vibration more so in the pedal than steering wheel. haven't done the abs test yet, nver done it before. can you please help. thanks.
ricky
Category: Acura
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will do my best to assist you.

can you tell me when your braking do you feel the drivers seat shake some or the floor ? ?or all in the brake pedal ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the vibration is in the pedal mainly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I kind of feels the like the whole car is shaking, depends on how fast i'm going and how hard I brake.

ok if you have a dial indicator I would suggest doing a run out on the brake rotors and the actual hub its self.one of these items is not flush. now you secured the set screws in the rotors also ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will try to get access to a dial indicator and check them. I am going to change the rear rotors and pad this weekend. I should know Saturday if my vibration is gone. will let you know.

ok sounds like a plan.

this was the reason I was asking about the vibration in the seat and floor. typically when the vibration is in the seat and floor it's normally the rear rotors

any word on your progress yet ?