Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have an 04 Acura RSX Type S. As I was leaving work today,

Customer Question

I have an 04 Acura RSX Type S. As I was leaving work today, I rev'd my car to probably 5 thousand rpms from 1st to 2nd gear and suddenly the car had a shake to it and every time I accelerate the muffler gives out a louder noise than usual. Please tell me it's not my transmission. The car still drives.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
It may be possible you may have just broke a motor mount or caused an exhaust leak.I would have these checked to see if any of these are found to be the cause needing repaired or replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't believe it's my motor mounts. I just changed my entire clutch kit a few weeks ago. How do I test for an exhaust leak?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I use a rubber hose with one end of the hose against my ear and the other end probing around the exhaust components and connections for leaks.If loud exhaust noise is heard in one spot this is the area of the exhaust needing repaired.
Thanks Pete