Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

My new tlx is great w/ one complaint. the trunk lid does not

Customer Question

My new tlx is great w/ one complaint. the trunk lid does not fully open when remotely actuated. it opens only halfway, enough to hit your forehead on the edge of the door if not aware of its position. all of my cars w/ remote opening lids opened fully, until as in one case the springs themselves lost tension.
Is this standard for the '15 tlx or is an adjustment possible? I would think it should fully open as all other cars and suvs do.
Thanks...
Rich (###) ###-####
Category: Acura
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rich and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
This is standard for the 2015 TLX model. No adjustments are possible.
The springs only hold the lid halfway open, and you need to manually open fully or close as needed. If stronger springs were to be installed, the lid would become hard to close.
Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dRFv_9Wkx4
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy