Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Rsx: I have an 02 rsx a/t with dc race headers and full exhaust.

Customer Question

I have an 02 rsx a/t with dc race headers and full exhaust. My o2s are on eitherside of a flex pipe. I have threaders on the down stream o2. I have cleared codes and currently have no cel. But not ready codes. Even if I do the drive cycle will my cel come back. How can I remove it if it comes bask.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
If the CEL comes back on then your going to need to address the code that stores, do another drive cycle, then you can pass inspection. It is often tough to get the O2 monitors to complete when altered. Most try to move the sensors in the pipe as far away as they can from the engine near the converters to get the air fuel ratio to read but the sensor to not set lean or rich codes from better mixture of the exhaust prior to the sensor reading it. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris