Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

RDX: I just received the P0420 Loews efficiency code. I've

Customer Question

I just received the P0420 Loews efficiency code. I've seen this before and it usually turned out to be a loose gas cap. This time however, I also got the P2263 Powetrain code for the turbo charger. The car still accelerates fine and no weird noises from under the hood. I'm just worried about the repair cost. I'm hoping it's a bad sensor or loose hose.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The codes you have here usually indicate an issue with a restriction with the exhaust system,usually the catalytic converter starting to restrict.This will cause the P0420 code as well as can cause issues with the turbo operating properly.I would have the exhaust checked/tested to see if the fault can be located and repaired from there.
Thanks Pete