Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

3.2 TL: My Acura 2002 3.2 TL's Check Engine Light is blinking

Customer Question

My Acura 2002 3.2 TL's Check Engine Light is blinking and TCS light is on. The car seems to be shaking/rattling in the front while driving. Do you have any idea what the problem may be? Thank you.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an OBD test done at Autozone, and the code they gave was: P145. I replaced the fuel cap per their suggestion, but the problem got worse two weeks later and the Engine Check Light started blinking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As a correction, the code was P1457.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
While running, does it seem like the engine is misfiring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the engine does not seem to be misfiring. Everything seems to be normal except the front of the car rattles a bit when turned on and driving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there seems to be a misfire. What should I do?
Since there is a misfire, I suggest new ignition components if they are due time for servicing. Can you have someone start the car for you while you listen to see if the rattle is coming from the timing components. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris