Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Tl: I actually have a 2001 acura to and when I'm at a red

Customer Question

Hi I actually have a 2001 acura to and when I'm at a red light the front of my car jolts and theres a smell of gas and the check engine light flashes sometimes and so does maintenance required light do you have an idea of what it could be?
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe there is smoking coming from my catalytic converter to.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
The flashing engine light indicates the computer has detected a misfire. Normally this is from coils or plugs failing, but since it occurs at redline, there maybe a cam timing issue. Can you check and see which codes are stored? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris