Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda/Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on Acura and Honda vehicles for over 30 years. I have an associates degree in automotive and factory training.
75670266

2007 Acura MDX wont start. No lights, no power, seat wont

Customer Question

2007 Acura MDX wont start. No lights, no power, seat wont move, stuck in park. Battery is good.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Does the horn work? Brake lights?Did you try to jump start it? Thanks! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I did
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
OK, most likely the main fuse has blown. If the fuse blows nothing will work but the horn and brake lights. Your MDX uses a special multi block fuse with several fuses in one unit. It's common for the fuse to blow during jump starting. As far as I know the fuse is only available from Acura parts or online. The diagram included the part number and price. P/N: 38231-SFY-003 it's located in the fuse box next to the battery. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Horn and break lights also do not work. Still main fuse?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
That sounds more like the battery terminals are not making contact. Unless the battery is totally dead. Open the door and watch the dome light while you twist the terminals on the battery. If there is no power at all it's related to the cables. Use a volt meter and put the positive on the battery and the negative on the engine like a metal bracket or unpainted spot. Tell me what the voltage reading is.