Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1999 Acura TL I replaced the front suspension. Upper Control

Customer Question

1999 Acura TL
I replaced the front suspension. Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint/ outter and inner tie rods/ sway bar linkage and shocks.
My issue is the car seems to be taking off in a higher gear than it should be and theres noise (grinding) from the front.... Could this be a symptom if the drive axel coming out too far during parts replacement?
Or drive Axrl going bad automatically>
or I have also read there is too much tow in..
Please help and thanks for your time
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
The noise concerns can be related to anything that is spinning after the transaxle, like the axle shaft or the hub bearing. It is very hard to damage the differential in a trans when removing and installing axle shafts, though it is possible. Running it on a rack to listen from under the vehicle would help.The taking off in a high gear this is trans internal issue. Can you do trans diag and repair? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris