Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Mdx: . I have a 2007 Acura MDX. New battery and new alternator.

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2007 Acura MDX. New battery and new alternator. Car would not start this morning. No power whatsoever when I turned key. No clicking. No weak lights. No sign of power. When I attempted to jump it, as soon as I connected the negative ground cable to the Acura, the alarm went off and all the lights went off. It started immediately and it was clear the battery was not dead. Not sure what would break the power to the car like that.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check the ground cable at the battery as well as to where it leads to make sure there isn't any corrosion or damage to the cable and to make sure the cable connections are all clean and tight.if this is found to be o.k. check the battery feed cables to the fuse panels and see if any connections need repaired.If this is all found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete