justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

Mdx: My Acura MDX a/c is not blowing from the rear vents. What

Customer Question

My Acura MDX a/c is not blowing from the rear vents. What could be the problem?
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I would like a little clarification on the problem. Are you saying that there is no air at all coming from the rear vents, or just not any cold air? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no air coming out at all hot or cold.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.The problem is a faulty rear blower motor power transistor. This is a very common problem. I work on only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. I will include a picture of the location. In front of the transistor is the blower motor screen/filter. You should clean this with a rag so air will not be restricted through the motor. This can cause early transistor failure due to excessive heat. Also, do not run the blower motor with the transistor plugged up outside of it's installation location. It will overheat and fail within a matter of seconds. Air flow is critical across the part. You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. thanks