Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Im trying to upgrade my navigation in my 2012 tl and acura

Customer Question

im trying to upgrade my navigation in my 2012 tl and acura told me i wont need password ***** dvd wont let me run it without it...what can i do?
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im trying to upgrad my navigation in my 2012 tl acura told me i woundnt need password ***** dvd wont let me continue without it...i dont have it...wht can i do?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you upgraded the audio/nav system the factory code will not work for your model here as the factory code is for the old system that was installed.
What you will have to do here unfortunately is contact a dealer (and they may want to see the vehicle) and have them obtain a code for you for your newer system.They may have to contact Acura to get a code for you.
Thanks Pete