MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
Experience:  27 years of Honda training and a master Acura tech
10834442

MDX: 2006 Acura MDX air condition problem. The front passenger

Customer Question

2006 Acura MDX air condition problem. The front passenger condenser will be cold for 5 minutes and then turn warm. The rear condenser is cold all the time. The cold hoses coming off the compressor are all cold. How is the cold refrigerant stopped from going in to the front condenser? Is there a valve?
Category: Acura
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am master tech and will be able to help you can you tell me if this starts to work again after around 15 minutes ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, because I would turn off the system it is too hot. Should I let it run for 15 minutes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Hello
run the system until it stops blowing cold and then time it so I can get a idea of how long it takes to start working again. also the engine temps are fine correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well It looks like it will not start working again, I ran for 30 minutes. The front condenser just keeps getting warmer and the back condenser is very cold water is dripping off it.
ok this could be a bad expansion valve but to verify you will need to hook up some ac gauges and read the high and low side readings static and in operation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you are right. I will get a set of AC gauges tomorrow and check. How much would this type of repair cost?
well since the blower box has to be removed im going to ball park this around 5 hours labor.plus the parts
hello just dropping in to see how the testing is coming along