sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I bought a used 2003 Acura TL and took it to return a rental

Customer Question

i bought a used 2003 Acura TL and took it to return a rental car today. The AC would quit working at higher speeds on the freeway and then resume when I slowed down. The mechanic at the Honda dealership where I bought the car claimed it is normal with Acuras. I think that is not true.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You most likely do have a problem although there is some truth to what you were told. Just like most vehicles, when you approach wide open throttle it will disengage the a/c compressor to remove load off the engine. The compressor will reengage after letting off though.
Did it only blow warm for a couple seconds when accelerating?