acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

TL Type S: 2007 Acura TL type S Problem with XM intermittently

Customer Question

2007 Acura TL type S
Problem with XM intermittently not working
Tried running diagnosis by pressing the map,cancel and menu as you recommended in a prior post.
XM HIP ECU AND HFL show red.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
Hoes the hands free phone system work? when the xm quits does it no signal or does it show the channel? Has any body work been toon to the rear or roof of vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We purchased the car used two year ago and the hands free has never worked.

Sometimes it works and goes out temporarily. Sometimes it goes out and says no signal.

No body work or any work on the roof

Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
ok. we see the XM antenna on the roof fail on these . also the HFL Unit in the front map light base is bad . I would start by changing the roof antenna. If you give me the vin # ***** can give you the part number of the antenna and the HFL Unit . the XM antenna isn't hard to replace . just take out the rear map light and pull down the back of the head liner and you can unbolt it .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

19UUA76687A018738

Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
the antenna is 39150-SEP-A11ZB the HFL unit is 39770-SEP-A62ZA the book shows the body color to be black. Let me know if this isn't the color of your car.
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.