Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Mdx: acura mdx all wheel drive vtm4 won't disengage, tried

Customer Question

acura mdx all wheel drive vtm4 won't disengage, tried everything in book and on line, car runs rough and viberates too. help!!
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set in all computers.This will require a scan tool being used that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct the fault here.
I have seen actuator failure cause this needing replaced.
Thanks Pete