Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Greetings All, I recently purchased a 2005 ex-l with less

Customer Question

Greetings All, I recently purchased a 2005 ex-l with less than 81k miles. The passenger sliding door does not work automatically. You have to open it manually. After re-homing the door, it will beep 3 times when attempting to open using any method. After
the door has been opened and closed manually the beeping stops and the door can still only be operated manually. After the beeping stops, you can hear a faint click each time to hit the door switch. The three beeps are the exact ones you hear if you try to
open the door when it's locked. But here's the kicker, those beeps still work on the broken door if it is locked and go away immediately when i unlock it. What I've tried: Homing-including fuse#7 pull Battery Disconnect Checked for smooth motion Lubricated
all rollers and checked for roller damage Replaced Latch Actuator (oh-well now I have a spare)
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To clairify; that's a 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect for any wiring damage to the actuator in the door and see if any wiring is damaged needing repaired.In some cases the actuator or latch wiring can short out or become broken and can cause this issue here.If this is checked and found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, Thank you. ***** am still looking for assistance. From what I remember the connector looked good but could use some cleaning. I'll try that when i get home. Do you think i was correct in my initial assessment of an actuator problem? Also how do i test it using a multimeter or a light? It's a momentary switch that's only two pins.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If the door is not locking or unlocking properly this can cause the fault you have here and this can be the lock actuator itself as the cause.
If you haven't had the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set this needs done.If any codes are set they will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.Most likely one or more codes will be set to help locate the issue.This needs checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no issue with the lock / unlock procedure. Only the open / close. I have ODBII but that will not read a door code. I can try jumping the pins on the ODBII connector and seeing if i get codes from the door dummy light. However i doubt it since the dummy light isn't activated now.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You would need a scan tool that can read all computers in order to see if any codes are set.If the doors are locking and unlocking properly there is still a chance that the actuator is sending a false lock or unlock signal causing this here but this may also be a door motor or sensor fault as well.Having the fault codes checked will help pinpoint the cause here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to try the jumper method first, unless there's somewhere other than the dealer i can take it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
b2084 has been triggered 34 times. When you use a paperclip and jumper the odbII scanner port, the lcd used for the odometer displays the code.and the count. You can press the reset button to cycle through codes. No scanner required.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after clearing the code b2084 and cycling the ignition i get b1222 51. Then when i hit the passenger door open button three times b2084 34 comes back.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
This is a tough question for me to answer myself here.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete