Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda/Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on Acura and Honda vehicles for over 30 years. I have an associates degree in automotive and factory training.
75670266

TL: Is it possible radiator to leak from the top ?

Customer Question

Is it possible for the radiator to leak from the top ? Its spraying coolant when I drive from somewhere. But won't spray while when parked. Can't tell where its coming from. But there is coolant build up on top of the radiator.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. Yes it is common for the top plastic tank to leak from the area where it seals to the core. It's also very common for the plastic top tank to crack. The crack can be hard to see and will spray coolant when it warms up. A cooling system pressure test will locate the leak when the system is put under pressure. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man