MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
Experience:  27 years of Honda training and a master Acura tech
10834442

I have a 2005 acura mdx. Is the air mix motor and the door

Customer Question

I have a 2005 acura mdx. Is the air mix motor and the door blend actuator the same thing?
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can hear the air blowing but nothing is coming out the vents. Doing research I have come across people stating to replace the air mix motor and the door blend actuator. They seem to be the same thing.
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.
Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.
Yes that is the same thing. We call them air mix motors but it's all terminology that's used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can hear the air blowing but nothing is coming out the vents or only from the defrost vents. Does this sound like what I should be replacing. Also sometimes when it does blow it will only blow hot air not matter what the hot or cold is set on.
ok you will need to look under the dash and check the mode motors are see which one is not moving and then remove it and manually move the cams to see if your able to get the normal vent modes. but most likely its the mode motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there one on each side of console or are they both on the same side?
yes their is 3 actually .
2 on the passengers side and 1 on the drivers side if my memory serves me correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would one of the ones on the passenger side be for the rear?
ok I just looked and 1 on the drivers side and the air mix motor on the passengers side.
the rear has it's own in the rear console.