acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

MDX: 2010 MDX key only open driver door now plus gas and tail

Customer Question

2010 MDX key only open driver door now plus gas and tail gate will not open windows will not roll down can not unlock other doors with key
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. will the window open at the doors? doo the door locks work with the switch on both front doors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the key will only open driver's door now, the window was open
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
ok, open the door and pull back the rubber protector on the harness from the door to the body and see if any of the wires are broken. You will need to wipe the grease off them to see. We see this harness break on these. It is available separately and isn't hard to replace.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No wires broken got doors working again reprogram them but gas lid and tailgate still locked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alarm will not set
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
Check that all the door locks work and that the dash does not show any doors open even though they are closed. If they are ok then you will need a scan tool with factory software to check the inputs to the multiplex unit.