Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Tl: , I have a 2001 Acura TL and I've had this vehicle

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2001 Acura TL and I've had this vehicle for over 3 years now, ever since I bought it it has had a problem with the passenger side front window, when you hit the button on either the driver's side or passenger side it goes down like if it was automatic but when you attempt to bring it up it doesn't go up unless you lock the windows through the driver's side door for about 10 seconds and unlock it back up again, now on the way up it could only be brought up by the passenger side switch and it goes up normal but does nothing with the driver side switch which lead me to think it was the master switch on the driver's side door, I replaced that and still does the same thing and ever since then I kinda lived with it. Thanks for your time in advance
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect the wiring leading from the drivers door to the body near the hinges as well as the passenger door to the body near the hinges for any shorted or damaged wiring at all.I have seen in the past before where shorted/damaged wiring will occur like this here and cause this issue.
If a wiring fault is found it will need repaired to correct this issue.If the wiring is found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete