PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-
PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-,
Experience:  Shop Head at Delta Cab Ltd.
77075164

TL: 2012 Acura TL display check power-steering message. No

Customer Question

2012 Acura TL display check power-steering message. No other messages or warnings. Issue first appeared one morning while getting ready to leave for work. Difficulty turning steering wheel left or right. Dealer says just to re-set 3209 code? what are any underlying symptoms fixes? approx. 64,000 miles dealer serviced regularly.
Category: Acura
Expert:  PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf- replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Your vehicle has electronic power steering (EPS). I would first check the fuses that control the EPS motor, I have attached a wiring diagram and there are 3 fuses in the under-hood relay box and 2 fuses in the driver side under dash box. If all those fuses are OK, likely that the EPS motor is no longer functional and will need to be replaced. Please remember to leave a positive rating as it is the only way i receive credit for my time!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for the clear explanation. Just talked with technician at the dealer, he says it was an "intermittent code" 3209, and nothing else was found after following Acura's diagnosis chart for the 'check power steering EPS message. Dealer's fix, per Acura was to "re-set" the code. could there be anything else...?
Hello again!
Just did a search for a "3209" code, it does not exist. Once you check the fuses, the only thing left is to change the EPS steering rack.
I highly doubt that resetting a code will make your power steering come back, perhaps you should be taking it to another Acura dealer, as this one does not seem like they know what they are doing!
Please remember to leave a positive rating as it is the only way i receive credit for my time!