Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 Acura MDX. New battery 2 mos ago. Car dashboard

Customer Question

2008 Acura MDX. New battery 2 mos ago.
Car dashboard lights flicker on during driving, car makes a clicking type noise & it starts to die while driving! Had the ignition switch changed, still does it. Accoring to forums, it's the ignitions switch, the something something relay and or the PG something? does this ring a bell?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I need an answer. I found a video on YouTube that shows my exact problem. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8gv_EtoQ1k.
I disconnected my hands free link too as someone suggested. Do u know what's causing this?Diane
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If u didn't get the link, here's the address:
Www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8gv_EtoQ1k
Hi
My thought is it is the ignition switch to blame. While idling trouble free I would like you to wiggle the wire harness to the ignition switch, wiggle the key, and tap on the ignition switch with a screwdriver handle. Let me know if you can duplicate this concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris