Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

MDX: 20009 acura mdx front struts I bought have a smaller diameter

Customer Question

20009 acura mdx front struts I bought have a smaller diameter shaft and are about 1 inch shorter and all the pictures I look at of the strut at auto stores look the same and say this is the image of the exact part for the vehicle. Does this sound right and if so would I need to buy new mount caps that fit snug to the threaded rod like the original strut or is the loose fit okay
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Hi

This is an issue your going to encounter using OEM compared to aftermarket. It should work but just not as good as an OEM part.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris