sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Acura rsx type s and it won't start it this 2 times

Customer Question

I have a Acura rsx type s and it won't start it this 2 times before but I got it to start and now it won't do any thing when I turn the key ion hear anything the dash lights up radio but I don't hear nothing my mechanic Saids it's the clutch switch and I just got a battery by auto zone zone
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that can prevent the starter from engaging and it will take some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on. It may be the ignition switch, the engine controller, the starter itself, battery cables and connections, wiring, and it could definitely be the clutch switch. The clutch has to be pressed for the starter relay to be commanded on and if the switch has failed then the circuit cannot complete when the clutch is pressed. If a shop has diagnosed the problem as the clutch switch I wouldn't have a reason to doubt them.