Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Acura MDX: The Stereo Wiring harness wires are different colors

Customer Question

The Stereo Wiring harness wires are different colors than all the diagrams?
2003 Acura MDX, Bose Stereo.
Using a volt meter to make what connections I can, but speakers are giving me fits. No way I know of to use a multi-meter to make the connections. Tried ringing wires out but no luck.
The Accessory, Illumination, Memory, Power And Ground are all connected and working. The stereo works and is playing just can not get any sound to the speakers.
Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ChiltonDIY.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
A multimeter with a frequency generator would be helpful in your case.
You have the head unit working which is good, I would now disconnect the main plug so you can probe the wiring to the speakers. Disconnect Battery negative. Let's say for example one lead on green, one lead on green/black. Typical speaker wiring colour for left rear speaker. Your colours will be different. When you find a pair of wires with approx 4 ohms across the pair, that's probably a speaker. This is where the frequency generator comes in, you can test the wiring and speaker in one hit.
Failing that you need a circuit diagram for you car.
Hope this helps.
Gary