sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

CL: , I have an Acura 2002 CL, and I notice the engine runs

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Acura 2002 CL, and I notice the engine runs rough after it's been raining, and the engine is cold. It doesn't respond to the acceleorator at first and I'll have to let up on the acceleorator and push it down and then it will respond and run fine. Also, just changed the oil and the engine light came solid on the next day.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be causing your problem. You may have low fuel pressure due to a pump, wiring or connection issue, you may have water getting into an ignition component, sensor connection or even the engine controller itself.
The engine light has come on because the engine controller has seen a problem in a monitored component or system and set a fault code. This is likely related to the symptoms you're having, the first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting. Most likely it will take some electrical testing from there to see what is happening. If you don't have a code reader of your own most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will read codes for free in the parking lot.