Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda/Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on Acura and Honda vehicles for over 30 years. I have an associates degree in automotive and factory training.
75670266

Ledgand: at what mileage should I think about changing the

Customer Question

at what mileage should I think about changing the timing belt
Category: Acura
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. The recommended timing belt replacement interval is 60,000 miles or 5 years. Later models are replaced at 105,000 miles or 7 years. It is a very good idea to replace the timing belt if you are not sure when it was done last. If the belt breaks the pistons and valves can be damaged. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! Please accept or provide a positive rating. If you can't rate please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask questions after the rating.~Honda-Man