Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech
7276279

Mdx: My acura mdx 2005 jumps a little when we stop and startIs

Customer Question

My acura mdx 2005 jumps a little when we stop and start
Is that an engine mount issue
How do we know which engine mount to replace?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you suspect you have a failing engine mount one way you may be able to isolate which one it is would be to place the engine in gear and hold the break real tight and power break the engine while carefully shifting from reverse to drive. In some cases you can watch the engine and see which side is moving excessively. That being said, in most cases if you are replacing one mount its best to replace them all at the same time.