Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2000 acura tl that some one ran the shit out of the

Customer Question

I have a 2000 acura tl that some one ran the shit out of the d5 light flashes and it blows ecu fuses
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The D5 light also flashes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it also blows the ecu fuse
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
With the D5 light flashing this is to tell you that a fault code has set in the vehicles computers to alert to you a fault is found.Most likely this same transmission component fault is related to the ecu fuse shorting out.
What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault.
I suspect one of the transmission components is shorting out internally causing this fault here needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the p1768 code wont delete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
This code is for a fault with the transmission pressure control solenoid valve.If this valve is shorting out internally this can cause this fuse to blow and this code to set.I suspect the solenoid valves A and B need replaced to correct this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how can I test them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are to speaking about the torque converter solinoid valve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I unhook the middle harness on the ecu it doesnot blow the fuse
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay as I was off line the last few days.
Below is the diagnostic test procedure for your fault code here.You will most likely need a scan tool and a multi meter to do the testing to pinpoint the fault.This will help lead to the shorted component needing replaced.You will have to copy and paste the web links below to a new web tab to view them.
DTC P1768: Type S Problem in A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve A Circuit
NOTE: Record all freeze data and review General Troubleshooting Information before you troubleshoot.
1. Disconnect the 2P connector from A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v56lui4pq2hw4bv/c-05-11.gif?dl=0
2. Measure A/T clutch pressure control solenoid resistance at the solenoid valve connector.
Is the resistance about 5 ohms ?
YES-Go to step 3.
NO-Replace the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B.
3. Disconnect PCM connector B (25P).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5m1i746ycs81wzu/cl-05-11.gif?dl=0
4. Check for continuity between body ground and PCM connector terminals B8 and B17 individually.
Is there continuity?
YES-Repair short to ground in the wires between PCM connector terminals B8, B17 and A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A.
NO-Go to step 5.
5. Connect the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A connector.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p2ksbbva65a5k1/clu-05-11.gif?dl=0
6. Measure the resistance between PCM connector terminals B8 and B17.
Is the resistance about 5 ohms ?
YES-Go to step 7.
NO-Repair loose terminal or open in the wires between PCM connector terminals B8, B17 and A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A.
7. Disconnect PCM connector D (16P).
8. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o3zumumtfua174/clut-05-11.gif?dl=0
9. Measure the voltage between PCM connector terminals D5 and B20 or B22.
Is there battery voltage?
YES-Check for loose terminal fit in PCM connectors B8, B17 and D5. If necessary, substitute a known-good PCM and rechecks
NO-Check for blown No. 6 (15A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box. If the fuse is OK, repair open in the wire between PCM connector terminals D5 and the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box, and between B20, B22 and ground (G101).
Thanks Pete