Andrew
Andrew, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Master tech for 11 years.
64561840

rdx: hi, i cannot start my acura rdx 2011 today. the situation

hi, i cannot start my acura rdx 2011 today. the situation is that when I inserted my key and tried to igniate the car, there was no any response. beside that everything about the car looked good. I remember that everything was fine when I used my rdx yesterday. can anyone help to solve the problem? I guess the battery is still good, because I could listen music and change seat position.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Andrew replied 1 year ago.

Andrew :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your Acura questions today!

Andrew :

When you turn the key to crank the engine do you hear any type of click or any noise?

Customer:

hi Andrew, thanks for helping me.

Customer:

when I turn the key to igniate the car, I heard nothing

Customer:

hi, r u there?

Andrew :

Ok have you had the battery tested to make sure.

Customer:

not yet, but the audio system woks fine, and I even change the seat position & open/close the window

Customer:

how can i make sure if the battery is good

Andrew :

You can remove the battery and take it to your local parts store to have it tested. Sometimes the battery is strong enough to work the accessories but not start the car.

Customer:

but i found an interesting thing is that I could open/close the window when I did the first try. but when I locked the car then tried again, the power group didn't work. give me couple of minutes to double check. hold on

Andrew :

Ok no problem. ....also check the cable connections on the battery

Customer:

sorry for misleading u, actually, the power group woks fine

Customer:

btw, i noticed one thing is that when I used my key to igniate the car, i heard some sounds, but the sound was not the normal, and looked like electronic sound. was it locked for some uncertain reasons?

Customer:

how to check the cable and remove the battery if i want to test it somewhere

Andrew :

The battery can be removed by loosening the 10mm nuts on each cable and removing them.

Andrew :

You will then remove the 10 mm nuts on each tie down and then remove it. This will allow you to lift thr battery out.

Customer:

before checking the battery, can we identify the problem is ? i mean i don't know if it's battery issue or something locked

Andrew :

If the battery is good it is quite possible that you may have a bad battery.

Customer:

or do u mean it's better to check battery first. u know, it's Sunday and i'm not a handyman

Andrew :

Its better to check the battery first before condemning the starter.

Customer:

ok, do i need any tools to remove the battery out ?

Andrew :

However it is very likely that the starter is causing your issue.

Andrew :

Yes you would need a 10mm socket with ratchet or a 10mm wrench.

Customer:

ok, i guess it may take a litter time to deal with battery, can can I find you again if I close the chatting window ?

Andrew :

Yes after you rate me at excellent service you can return to the question for free follow ups.

Andrew :

Please remember to complete the rating for me and let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer:

sure, i'll but may not be today. if the thing is like what you said. don't worry

Customer:

thanks a lot

Andrew :

Ok

Customer:

Thanks Andrew, it's battery problem. Although it's simple, but your service is great.

Andrew, ASE Master Tech
Experience: Master tech for 11 years.