acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

In terms of reliability and cost of ownership, should we buy

In terms of reliability and cost of ownership, should we buy a 2007 BMW x3 with 83k miles or a 2006 Acura RDX with 72k miles on it? Or, the other contender is a 2006 Lexus RH 400L which has 10k fewer miles.  I love Acuras, but my husband wants XM radio which was not feature available on the Acura. Also, he has heard that Acuras can develop problems (I think he said with suspension) around 70k miles.  All are selling around 19,000$.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. The RDX is pretty trouble free. We don't really see many problems with these at all. XM is available on all but the base model . Try looking at another one very few don't have XM as part of the system. (you would need to activate it) The Lexus is a good car but repairs can be pricey. The BMW is a good car as well but they can develop oil leaks and service on these is very pricey. I service all the used cars at the Acura Dealer I work at and we get a lot of other high line cars traded in and the Acura is by far the cheapest to repair.